On Wednesday, March 23rd, Georgian Court University (GCU) announced its agreement to sell 42 acres of mostly unused and undeveloped land to the Beth Medrash Govoha Lakewood yeshiva.
The proceeds from the sale of this land will fast-track projects under the university’s 2019 Master Plan, allowing for reinvestment in the historic heart of campus and the enhancement of facilities to meet the evolving needs of the GCU community and rapidly growing academic programs.
PSC began working with GCU in early February to lead external and internal communications for the launch. To help GCU achieve success, we:
- Conducted media training with multiple stakeholders
- Facilitated communications with Beth Medrash Govoha
- Developed Q&As for multiple stakeholder groups
- Wrote all external communications including the press release, social media posts, and website content
- Designed custom website and social media graphics for the announcement
- Coordinated a full-day video shoot on the university’s campus
- Developed media contact lists and communicated the announcement to our key media contacts
- Monitored and reported on social media and earned media coverage during and after the announcement
As the result of our work, the land deal announcement garnered extensive media coverage in 25 media outlets, including features in:
- The Star-Ledger and NJ.com
- Asbury Park Press
- New Jersey 101.5
- Business Journals
- Inside Higher Ed
The land deal announcement page on GCU’s website was viewed over 1,200 times within 24 hours of the announcement, with the average visitor spending over four minutes on the page.