Everyone has an amazing story waiting to be told, but there are infinite ways to tell a story.
Each organization has its own unique set of strengths, challenges, and opportunities. Our role is to help organizations determine the best tools for telling their story, then utilize our experience in each area to help them achieve their goals.
See the below descriptions of our core services, along with case studies of how we’ve worked with our clients to help them achieve success:
Full-Service Case Studies
Our full suite of services includes five key areas of marketing and communications: Public Relations, Branding, Owned Media, Digital Marketing, and Social Media.
The below case studies detail campaigns that have incorporated multiple service areas. Click on each drop-down to learn more:
Case Study #1: The Race to Yes
“The Race to Yes” provided a campaign platform to advocate for accelerated FDA approval of safe and effective therapies for children facing Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, the number one genetic killer of children in the world.
“The Race to Yes” advocacy campaign was sponsored by organizations pursuing Duchenne therapies, including Charley’s Fund and Team Joseph, and the campaign ran until the FDA ultimately granted families accelerated approval for the therapy.
- Immediately encourage the FDA to pursue accelerated approval of safe and effective therapies for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy under federal law, passed by Congress.
- Increase public awareness of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Unify a dispersed group of individuals and organizations to form a credible, high-profile, newsworthy national campaign platform that would responsibly encourage the FDA to agree to new therapies.
- Use the White House petition portal as the focal point to acquire 100,000 online signatures within 30 days, thereby ensuring a response from the White House and the FDA.
- Develop and launch a campaign website as the online platform and headquarters. Re-brand existing advocate sites and social media.
- Mark the milestones of the campaign through a series of targeted press releases.
- Employ social media to deliver custom graphics, video updates, and infographics; showcase celebrity support; and gain advocate feedback.
- Recruit and activate volunteers through email campaigns and the establishment of “Team 100,” those committed to actively securing online petition signatures.
- Write and publish blog articles to inform the community on new developments and prompt action.
- Host online town hall meetings to drive support and engage with supporters.
Given the urgency, the entire campaign was conceived and executed within two months. Our seven-person dedicated team provided 18-hour-per-day coverage throughout the petition drive, which was completely organic and fostered by recruiting advocates through email marketing and social media. Less than $500 was spent on Facebook advertising.
Celebrities showed their support for their campaign through social media, including Aly Raisman, Sarah Jessica Parker, The Altman Brothers Band, and Drew Carey.
Media reports from around the country were documented in a YouTube video as encouragement that we would reach our goal.
The campaign was deemed a success by virtue of the following criteria:
- The Race to Yes drove the largest hearing turnout in the history of the FDA, and families were ultimately given accelerated access to the therapies.
- 100,000 White House petition signatures were gathered in less than 30 days
- The FDA Commissioner publicly referred to the campaign as the “most intense” advocacy engagement she had ever seen
- The Commissioner met with the CEO of the company that made the promising therapy and agreed to work with them toward the goal of accelerated approval
- The FDA response was featured on the front page of the Washington Post and the story credited The Race to Yes for pressuring the FDA to relent
- The Race to Yes secured coverage in over 60 top-tier digital, print, and broadcast media outlets.
- Campaign videos launched by The Race to Yes on YouTube received thousands of views
- A newly created Facebook page secured over 5,000 organic page likes within 30 days of its creation
- 70+ volunteers attended our online town halls
Case Study #2: New Jersey Hall of Fame
Because everyone needs a hero, especially during a pandemic, the New Jersey Hall of Fame (NJHOF) produced an inspirational virtual event honoring its 2021 inductees. The organization sought to host its largest-ever induction ceremony with over 100,000 viewers.
Strategy and Tactics
Rather than producing the traditional live red-carpet event for just over 2,000 attendees, the pandemic prompted NJHOF to produce a fast-paced virtual program hosted by celebrities that could be available to a much larger broadcast and social media audience. We employed the following tactics to air and promote the program:
- Partnered with PBS and Fox affiliates to air the program on multiple days
- Produced and air 30-second PSAs to promote the program
- Premiereed the program on NJHOF’s YouTube and Facebook channels
- Promoted graphics and videos on Facebook to drive awareness of the event
- Leveraged relationships with reporters throughout the country to garner national coverage
- Launched email marketing campaigns segmented to NJHOF’s stakeholder lists
The 13th annual New Jersey Hall of Fame Virtual Induction Ceremony was hosted by Danny DeVito with special appearances by President George W. Bush, Governor Phil Murphy and First Lady Tammy Snyder-Murphy, Chelsea Handler, Patti LaBelle, Quincy Jones, Keith Richards, Robin Roberts, Judith Light, Al Leiter, and Nona Hendryx.
There were special performances by John Pizzarelli, Philadelphia Grammy Chapter performers singing in tribute to Sarah Dash, and Rory O’Malley, former King George in Broadway’s Hamilton, singing in tribute to inductees Alexander Hamilton and gay rights advocate David Mixner.
The inductee class ranged from founding father Alexander Hamilton to the Baseball Hall of Famer Monte Irvin. Other inductees included singer Mary Chapin Carpenter, dynamic businesswoman Louise Scott, famed photographer Dorothea Lange, and the late Supreme Court, Justice Antonin Scalia.
As the nation marked 20 years since the devastating September 11 attacks, the Hall of Fame announced that the 2021 Unsung Heroes would be the thousands of 9/11 first responders who suffered complications and passed away due to their service.
- The one-hour ceremony premiered on Saturday, October 16 on My9NJ and on the Hall of Fame’s YouTube channel and Facebook page, with re-airings on Sunday, October 17, Saturday, October 23, and Sunday, October 24. It also aired on NJ PBS at 8 p.m. October 20, as well as on October 22 and October 23.
- Multiple 30-second PSAs were produced and aired on Fox and PBS partner networks to promote the virtual ceremony.
- PSAs and graphics were promoted in advance of the premiere on Facebook.
Pre-ceremony YouTube Live event:
- 500+ in-person attendees
- 23,215 YouTube views
Total broadcast viewers: 24,879
- My9 Fox: 20,700
- NJTV: 4,179
Total social media views: 59,311
- Facebook: 56,700
- YouTube: 2,611
Evaluation: Earned media
- 81 articles
- 446.19M Monthly Visitors
Case Study #3: New Jersey Municipal Safety Education Campaign
To address cybersecurity threats and growing public concern about workplace misconduct throughout New Jersey, the MEL Safety Institute partnered with PSC to deliver trainings to state municipal officials and employees. The launch of this campaign coincided with the initial spread of COVID-19, requiring an aggressive focus on developing online programs.
As the culmination of our work, we:
- Converted over 40 classroom training programs to instructor-led webinars
- Developed 30 online safety training programs
- Scripted, recorded, and edited panel discussions, which were then presented at the virtual League of Municipalities Conference in 2020 and 2021.
- Produced two MasterClass-style videos: “Protecting Children” and “Building a Safe Workspace: Anti-Bullying and Harassment”
- Developed a 234-page handbook titled “The Power of Collaboration,” produced entirely in-house and mailed directly to municipal offices throughout the state.
- Designed and launched MELSafetyInstitute.org as a stand-alone website with a complete catalog of educational programs
- Developed and launched a mobile app through which push notifications and alerts on essential issues were delivered to municipal employees.
- MEL mobile app downloads increased by over 50% from 2020 to 2021
- Educational program enrollment increased from 53,435 in 2019 to 66,500 in 2020
- MELSafetyInstitute.org generated 155,000+ page views within 9 months of its launch
- The two MasterClass-style videos generated more views than any other videos produced by the organization in its history
- Earned Media Strategy
- Event Management
- Media Relations
- Press Releases
- Relationship Building
- Message Development
- Crisis Communications
- Spokesperson Identification and Training
- Op-Ed Writing and Placement
- Editorial Calendars
Case Study #1: Georgian Court University Announces the Sale of Land to Beth Medrash Govoha
In 2022, Georgian Court University (GCU) announced its agreement to sell 42 acres of mostly unused and undeveloped land to Beth Medrash Govoha, the largest yeshiva in the United States.
The proceeds from the sale of this land fast-tracked projects under the university’s 2019 Master Plan, allowing for reinvestment in the historic heart of campus and the enhancement of facilities to meet the evolving needs of the GCU community and rapidly growing academic programs.
PSC worked with GCU to lead external and internal communications for the launch. To help GCU achieve success, we:
- Conducted media training with multiple stakeholders
- Facilitated communications with Beth Medrash Govoha
- Developed Q&As for multiple stakeholder groups
- Wrote all external communications including the press release, social media posts, and website content
- Designed custom website and social media graphics for the announcement
- Coordinated a full-day video shoot on the university’s campus
- Developed media contact lists and communicated the announcement to our key media contacts
- Monitored and reported on social media and earned media coverage during and after the announcement
As the result of our work, the land deal announcement garnered extensive media coverage in 25 media outlets, including features in:
- The Star-Ledger and NJ.com
- Asbury Park Press
- New Jersey 101.5
- Business Journals
- Inside Higher Ed
Case Study #2: Promoting Responsible Gambling in Forbes and the Wall Street Journal
We work closely with Entain Foundation U.S., a non-profit dedicated to promoting responsible gambling and sports integrity throughout the country. Our mandate is to develop relationships with prominent journalists in the gaming sector, engineer public relations campaigns, and ultimately drive high-level media coverage of their work.
To date, we have secured media coverage for the organization in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, NJ.com, the New York Daily News, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, MassLive, and countless other media outlets.
We utilize over a decade of experience in branding research, branding refreshes, and branding overhauls for our clients. Our services include:
Brand Positioning and Strategy
Style Guide Development
Case Study #1: Deborah Heart and Lung Center’s 100-Year Anniversary
Approaching its 100-year anniversary, Deborah Heart and Lung Center selected PSC to:
- Facilitate in-person and zoom interviews of internal stakeholders
- Conduct focus groups and surveys of all external audiences to grasp the state of its current brand before presenting the findings to the Board
- Develop and propose new identity standards for approval
- Launch a comprehensive roll-out to 2,000+ employees before launching the public campaign
- Design a 20-page magazine highlighting the Deborah Hospital Foundation’s Deborah100 Campaign
Case Study #2: Capturing History in Cape May
Through its focus on historic preservation and its sponsorship of cultural, historic, and artistic endeavors, Cape May MAC is the region’s leader in heritage tourism, educational outreach, historic preservation and cultural enrichment.
We worked with Cape May MAC’s board and staff to launch a re-branding initiative in 2020 to kick off the organization’s 50th birthday celebration, culminating in the launch of a new website and mobile app.
We utilize all digital channels to ensure your story is told in the right way, to the right people, and at the right time. With over ten years of digital marketing experience, we offer:
- Branded & Digital Content
- Public Service Announcements
- Website Design
- Mobile App Design
- CRM Integration
- Email Marketing
Case Study: Promoting Investments in the City of Paterson
To drive commercial interest in the City of Paterson and instill a sense of pride in its community, OnePaterson worked with us to produce a high-quality video for the city and promote it throughout the region.
We leveraged a variety of digital communications channels to reach the organization’s target stakeholders, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Display, and Pay-Per-Click (PPC).
We further developed audience segments for each platform to ensure optimal messaging was used for each of the three stakeholder groups: Paterson residents, regional businesses, and political figures.
At the conclusion of the campaign, we generated:
- 362,244 video views on Facebook, 104,721 views on YouTube, and 160,477 pre-roll video views
- YouTube View Rate: 42.85%
- Pay-Per-Click CTR, 9.1%; CPC, $3.66
- Facebook CTR: 1.5%
- Twitter CTR: .75%
- Pre-Roll CTR: .43%
- Static Display CTR: .13%
Social media continuously reshapes our cultural landscape, guides public sentiment, facilitates debates, and initiates social change.
We utilize a broad variety of social media channels and tools to help tell our clients’ stories and achieve their goals:
- Brand & Content Strategy
- Social Listening, Monitoring & Analysis
- Community Management & Engagement
- Social Media Advertising
- Crisis Communications
- Measurement & Reporting
Case Study: Seton Hall University School of Law
Seton Hall Law’s annual Gaming Law, Compliance and Integrity Bootcamp promotes legal compliance and integrity in the gaming industry. By providing robust education to professionals working in the gaming space, Seton Hall Law helps guide the industry toward new levels of compliance and integrity.
PSC partnered with Seton Hall Law to promote the Bootcamp to gaming industry professionals and those seeking roles within the space. To achieve the school’s goals, we:
- Developed a new branding strategy and campaign for the organization, including a variety of social media graphics, tailored to each platform
- Created custom audience segments on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter based on the university’s target stakeholders and past event attendees, including:
- International Gaming Law
- Gaming Executives
- Responsible Gambling and Gaming Companies
- Existing Social Media Followers
- Custom Lists
- Lookalike Audiences
- Launched, monitored, and modified paid advertising campaigns across the university’s social media channels
For organizations interested in telling their story on their own terms, in their own way, we provide a full suite of Owned Media services, including:
- Video Production
- Annual Reports & Guides
- Book Design and Production
- Direct Mail
- Infographic Design
- Magazine Design
- Speech Writing & Coaching